The phenomenal power-hitting show was led by swashbuckling all-rounder Glenn Maxwell, who slammed the quickest century within the event’s historical past — off simply 40 balls.
To go together with that, opener David Warner too hit a second successive World Cup ton as Australia broke a plethora of data on the Arun Jaitley Stadium.
Here’s an inventory of data that had been damaged within the Australia vs Netherlands conflict:
* Maxwell scored the quickest hundred within the competitors’s historical past, reaching the landmark in simply 40 balls to go previous South African Aiden Markram’s earlier file of 43 balls, which was additionally achieved on this version.
* Maxwell’s 40-ball effort can also be the quickest century by an Australian on this format.
* Maxwell struck eight sixes in his knock, which is the second most by an Australian in a World Cup match, together with Adam Gilchrist and Ricky Ponting.
* Maxwell and Pat Cummins added 107 runs for the seventh wicket, which is the best for the facet for a similar or decrease down the order in a World Cup innings.
* The duo scored at a run price of 14.37, which is Australia’s highest for a 100-plus partnership in a World Cup contest.
* Steven Smith (10) now has the second-most 50-plus scores within the World Cup for Australia after Ponting (11).
* Warner has change into the fourth Australian participant to attain back-to-back centuries after Mark Waugh (1996), Ponting (2003-07) and Matthew Hayden (2007).
* Warner (6) now additionally has probably the most World Cup centuries amongst Australians, going previous Ponting (5) whereas becoming a member of India’s Sachin Tendulkar.
* Warner has additionally change into the quickest Australian to succeed in his twenty second ODI ton, in 153 innings, and is third within the international record, behind Hashim Amla (126) and Virat Kohli (143).
* It is just the second time that two Aussie batters have scored tons in a World Cup innings, with the earlier occasion being of their final recreation of the competitors in opposition to Pakistan.
* It is the best whole for Australia in a World Cup match in India and their second highest within the occasion total.
AUS vs NED, ICC World Cup 2023: Glenn Maxwell smashed quickest hundred in ODI World Cup
* It can also be the best whole by any facet in opposition to the Dutch within the World Cup.
* From the Netherlands’ perspective, Bas de Leede’s spell of two for 115 was the costliest in ODI historical past.
* Also, de Leede has conceded 100-plus within the format on 4 cases this 12 months, the joint most by a bowler in a 12 months, alongside Jacob Duffy, Adam Zampa and Cameron Green.