If there may be one dish that defines consolation within the true sense, it must be khichdi. This one-pot dish is made with a mixture of rice, moong dal, ghee and flavourful spices. Whether you’ve an upset abdomen or just craving one thing gentle but healthful, a bowl of khichdi all the time involves our rescue! It is power-packed with fibre and protein and retains you full for an extended time period. Not solely this, it’s also tremendous straightforward to make. Khichdi is historically cooked in a stress cooker because it yields the perfect outcomes. However, in case you shouldn’t have entry to a stress cooker, fret not. Here we convey you some straightforward tricks to make scrumptious khichdi with out a stress cooker.
This khichdi is cooked in a kadhai as a substitute of a stress cooker. While it might take just a little longer to prepare dinner, this methodology permits you to have extra management on the extent of doneness of the rice and moong dal. Khichdi will be loved at any time of the day, be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Top it with a crackling ghee and mustard seeds tadka to relish its style. So, with out additional ado, let’s learn to make it.
Khichdi Without Pressure Cooker Recipe: How To Make Khichdi Without Pressure Cooker
- First, we have to wash the rice and moong dal completely. (Change the water 3-4 occasions or till it runs clear.)
- Now, put them in a saucepan or kadhai. Add 4 cups of boiling water, ghee, haldi, asafoetida, curry leaves, ajwain, ginger, carrot, peas, bay leaf and salt.
- Close the lid of the saucepan and prepare dinner over low flame for about 20-Half-hour, stirring it sometimes. (Cook till it turns into tender.)
- Top it with a ghee, mustard seed and cumin seed tempering.
- Serve sizzling and luxuriate in!
For extra khichdi recipes, click on right here.
Try out these recipes at residence and tell us the way you appreciated them within the feedback part beneath.
Featured Video Of The Day
“If Not A Chef, I Would Be Sad”: Chef Gary Mehigan’s Most Candid Interview Yet